Why should I bother saving energy...the planet owes me?
I grew up in a freezing cold house, (sometimes my glass of water by my bed froze) I walk everywhere and didn't even go abroad on a plane till I was 20.
When entire cities in Vagas and Tokyo don't turn their advertisment billboard lights off at night, why should I sit in a sweater the perpetual twighlight of a (mercury filled) energy saving lightbulb sorting my green and brown glass out.
It gets dark at 4.00 in the evening here, I'm at least deserving to be nice and (even slightly uncomfortably) warm. Global warming isn't even proven.
I will agree with you that Vegas and Tokyo are sucking up more power every day than your house could even dream of using. You shouldn't have to sit in the cold. No one wants to give up our modern conveniences, and that's what the debate is about. How do we continue to have all of these things, but do it sustainably? Sustainability means we meet our needs, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Obviously oil and coal are not sustainable. So keep your heater on, but help us find a way to do it sustainably. Help us make sure that your kids and grandkids don't grow up in a freezing cold house like you did, or worse, because we used up all of our resources?
P.S. Global warming is more accurately described as global climate change. It doesn't mean it won't be cold anywhere anymore - the patterns of weather we have always known will shift (snow in Baghdad, anyone?)
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/5448494.html
P.P.S. If we wait until everyone is convinced that global warming is happening, it will be a little late. Whether we're causing it or not, no one would argue that we're disrupting the way this planet has always operated, and that we're using resources at an alarming rate. We can change that now without all the politics and arguing.
Choose Green Energy Save Money
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]going green saving energy[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]going green saving energy[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="20"]going green saving energy[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment