Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Marine Solar Panel

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
marine solar panel
What size marine battery/s would I need to run 4 100 watt bulbs for 12 hours? ?

I am looking to run at least 4 100 watt bulbs of a solar panel at night time which is say 12 hours I want those bulbs to stay on all night with out flattening the battery, need and idea of how many deep cell batteries I would need or if just one.. Thanks for any insight into this question


400 watts for 12 hours is 4.8 kWH. Due to the inefficiencies of the inverter and charger, you'll need to harvest about 6 kWH each day. In most of the country, that's 1.5 kW DC of solar panels, which will cost you about $8,000 US.

To avoid discharging the batteries more that 50% even on a cloudy day, you'll need about 15-20 kWH of batteries. 20 kWH of batteries is 8 L16 floor scrubber batteries, which will cost you about $2,000.

If you use CFL's, that will cut your use by 75%, and you'd use only 1.2 kWH/day. That's only about 300 watts of panels which would cost you about $1,500. You could get by with 2 L16 batteries.

DK


Kyocera 50 Watt Solar Panel - Overview by altE Store









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]marine solar panel[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]marine solar panel[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment