Solar electric system help, please? DIY?
I'm planning to construct a solar powered ventilator. I have several questions.
If I use just one 12v dc solar panel (PV Module), how many fans( CPU Fan) can I operate?
Do i need a battery and a charge controller?
What about DC input?
How do I set up the system with the basic equipment to operate this solar powered ventilator project of mine?
Tips and links to other websites are are very much appreciated. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
P/S: I am not an electrician neither an engineer in any engineering field. I just want to learn and invent something for the sake of inventing only.
If you want to power the fans only when solar energy is produce, the solution is rather simple, the sum of the load current should be a bit less than the current the panel can provide.
I believe a typical 80mm CPU fan draws 150ma, which is about 1.8W (I'd round that to 2W), and leave extra, so a 5 watt panel should run two fans easy.
If you want to run the fans all the time, in addition for accounting for powering the fans needed when solar is present, you need to account solar power needed to charge a battery at least enough to power when solar is not present in the one day, if not to cover a couple days with weak solar (such as overcast days). For that, you need a battery with enough capacity for those "non solar" conditions, and panel capacity to run your load and charge the battery. You will likely need a charge controller depending on capacity.
Emergency solar energy, Harbor Freight solar panels, photovoltaic, solar training, DIY solar
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]diy pv solar panels[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]diy pv solar panels[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment